Often people ask us about the weight of their jeep’s hardtop. Do you have the same question? Then you are in the right place! Though different models of jeep hardtop weights different, we will try to let you know the average weight for jeep hardtop.
So, How much does a jeep hardtop weight? On average, a jeep hardtop weighs about 70 to 99 kg. It varies from model to model. Some might come with a lightweight hardtop, or some might come with a more massive hardtop.
You can find the information about the weight of your jeep’s hardtop in your owner’s manual. Let’s know about this little more!
How Much Does a Jeep Hardtop Weight?
An average jeep hardtop weighs around 70-99 kg or 155-218 pounds. When you go around and look at the specs for different jeep hardtops, the weight is usually listed as the shipping weight or package weight.
It means the weight of the item in the retail packaging, not including the packaging material. Different jeep models come with different hardtops, so their weight is different too. For example, the 2020 jeep gladiator JT hardtop weighs around 39 kg.
On the other hand, the Smitty Bilt safari hardtop weighs about 145 kg. So it’s different for each model.
Also, you might encounter additional weight. It will come with few areas like the size of the door(4-door or 2-door), sunroof, add-ons, extra windows, and wipers. They all create additional weight to consider when storing, traveling, or towing with a jeep.
So make sure to check the vehicle owner’s manual and carefully read the section on payload capacity. It’s always best to leave some extra wiggle room in your car, so it does not damage your engine.
Hardtop Weight for Different Jeeps:
As we have mentioned earlier, different jeep models have different hardtops that come in different weights. Some might come with a lightweight hardtop; on the other hand, some might come with a heavier hardtop.
You can find the information about the weight of your jeeps hardtop in your owner’s manual. But on average, a hardtop weighs about 99 kg.
Also, there is additional weight. All these components need to be considered when you want to know the jeep hardtop weight exactly. Now we are going to mention some of the popular jeep hardtop weights.
- Smittybilt safari hardtop 4 door – 320ibs or 145kg: If you want to know the weight of 4 door jeep, here you can find the answer. Here, we have the Smittybilt safari hardtop four-door, which is the heaviest among all. It is 320 lbs or 145 kg. It is a four-door hardtop.
- DV8 Offroad Ranger Fast Back Hardtop For 07-18 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JK – 300 Ibs or 136 kg: This one is for off-road driving. And it weighs 300 Lbs or 136 kg. With this one, you can expect about 3% lower mileage, according to the EPA.
- Smittybilt 1-piece Hardtop without upper doors 97-06 Jeep Wrangler TJ – 240 Lbs or 109 kg: This is another Hardtop from Smittybilt, which is 109 kg or 240 Lbs, which is average. But it does not include upper doors.
- Moper 3 piece Freedom Hardtop for 18-20 Jeep Wrangler JL 2-door – 153 Lbs or 69 kg: Moper 3 piece freedom hardtop is relatively lightweight compared to others. It weighs around 69 kg, which is very light.
- Moper Hardtop kit for Jeep Gladiator JT (2020) – 85 Ibs or 39 kg: Here we present the jeep gladiator hardtop weight for you. Moper Hardtop kit for 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT is the lightest hardtop we could find right now. This hardtop is very lightweight at 39 kg.
Weight for a Four-Door Jeep Hardtop:
On average, a four-door hardtop for your jeep weighs around 100 kg. As it has to cover four doors, so it weighs more than your standard two-door hardtop. Some models even weigh more at 145kg.
Actually, the jeep hardtop weight varies from model to model. You can find the information about the weight of your jeeps hardtop in your owner’s manual.
Also, there’s additional weight. It will come with few areas like sunroof, add-ons, extra components. They all create additional weight while you want to store, travel, or tow with your jeep.
2020 Jeep Wrangler Hard Top Weight:
Jeep Wrangler 2020 model’s hardtop model is 140 Lbs or 63 kg, which is relatively light. On average, jeep’s hardtop weighs around 99 kg, which is usually listed as the shipping weight or package weight.
As the total weight is measured by the combination of a few components, so it’s not that the weight of your jeep’s hardtop is only the weight of a single component. It combines a lot of components together.
Things to Consider About a Jeep Hardtop Weight
Each model and size comes along with its own weight, based on Length, Sunroof, wipers, construction, material, and design. When buying the hardtop for your jeep, you need to consider a couple of things like this. We are going to talk about those now:
- Length: your jeep’s hardtop length also adds to the weight. So when you are going to measure the hardtop weight, you should obviously consider the length of the hardtop.
- Material: the material is another factor that impacts the weight of the jeep’s hardtop. While buying the hardtop, if you have any specific expectations of the weight, try to consider a material that meets your interest.
- Design: different jeeps come with different hardtop design. As a result, when you are going to choose a specific model, you have to consider the hardtop weight of that model. In that case, your recommendation won’t work.
In the jeep, the hardtop provides an excellent means of coverage. Whether you are driving on a regular road or off-road, they will always support you immensely.
Each model and size comes along with its own weight, based on Length, Sunroof, wipers, Construction, material, and design. We hope we could help you with the accurate weight comparison for different jeep hardtops.
It is very important to know the correct weight of the hardtop when looking for your jeep. That’s why we have written this article about How much does a jeep hardtop weight. We hope that you find it appreciable. Good luck!