Shocks improve the overall ride quality and your jeep handling in a better way. But if you do not get a good shock for your jeep, that will ruin your overall ride quality and experience as well. But how to know which one is the best shock for your jeep xj? Don’t worry cause this article will save your back from this problem.
Today, we will share the top 8 best shocks for jeep xj, and later on, we will also serve you a detailed buying guide with everything that you need to consider before buying the shock for your jeep xj. Remember that the shocks that we have chosen are well-analyzed and based on our personal experience. So, you will find the best performance always.
So, without any further talk, let’s get started!
Top 8 Best Shocks For Jeep XJ Reviews
Now we are going to give our suggestions on the best shocks for jeep xj. All these shocks are chosen depending on the quality and performance. So undoubtedly our picks are going to help you to gain the most support over the roads. Let’s get started!
1. Monroe 58594 Monroe Load Adjust Shock Absorber– Expert-Recommended
- Contains special modifiers to reduce friction
- Enhances smoothness in every ride
- Auto adjustable valving
- The fluon band ensures proper sealing for increased durability
If your jeep faces extreme friction while you are riding, it will get damaged easily. To avoid that friction, your jeep requires a good shock. This shock is very impressive to reduce the friction in every drive and therefore provide you a smooth driving experience.
Consistency in Ride
Who doesn’t want consistency in their rides? To get a consistent riding experience you must need a good shock. This shock will help your consistent rides because of its Full Displaced Valving.
Delivers Better Control
The fluon band piston is known for its stability and better control. This piston is included in these shocks therefore you will get better control after using these shocks. With consistent sealing, it also ensures the durability of your jeep car.
Would you like it if your stock gets damaged after a few rides and you need to change it again and again? No, right? That’s why this shock will be like a lifesaver for you. With this one, you will get a better and long-lasting service!
- Phenomenal improvement in performance
- Well strength
- Doesn’t feel stiffer
- A great replacement for older shocks
- Painful installation
2. Bilstein 5100 Monotube Gas Shocks Set compatible with 84-01 Jeep Cherokee XJ with 3.5-4″ lifts– Best for Road Handling
- Includes two front and two rear shock absorbers
- Extended length for 3.5-4″ front lift systems and 3.5-4″ rear lift systems
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- Increases the road handling capacity
Contains Everything Necessary
Would you like it if the shock that you are going to buy doesn’t come with every necessary piece of tools? No, right? But this shock comes with everything that you need to set it up. You only need to buy the Mounting plates additionally.
This shock comes with a lifetime guarantee for you. So no matter how harshly you use it, you can always keep yourself less worried because you can always exchange it for a new one. This warranty is very beneficial because we never know what can happen with the car components so who wants to waste money again and again?
Outstanding Road Handling Feature
With its outstanding road handling capacity, every drive will feel like a dream to you. There will be no stiffness or noise in your rides. It enhances and improves the ride quality multiple times.
This shock comes with extended length to provide you extra support. It has 3.5-4″ front lift systems and 3.5-4″ rear lift systems. So undoubtedly, you will get the necessary riding experience and quality that you require.
- Amazing performance
- Outstanding quality
- Great road handling capacity
- Increased length for extra support
- Doesn’t come with round mounting pieces
3. Rubicon Express SK010645RXT 4.5″-5.5″ Twin-tube Shock for Jeep XJ– Best for Affordability
- Highest quality over the roads
- Affordable price compared to competitors
- Improved manufacturing ensured the quality
- The expert solution to every stiffness
Resists the Compressive Force of a Bump
If you are riding on a harsh and bumpy road, then your jeep can get damaged because of the bumps. Also, the main force goes upon your wheels during riding over those bumps. So you should get this shock because it successfully resists the force and keeps your wheels okay.
Reduces Wheel Bounces
This shock also reduces the wheel bounces. Often you may face motion sickness on a rough road because of the uncontrollable bounces. But this shock successfully reduces the bounces and then lets you have the perfect riding experience.
Both On-Road and Off-Road Smooth Ride
What if you get a shock that serves good on-road performance but bad off-roading experience? Will you like that? We know that you won’t. That’s why this shock is built in a way to let you have a superior riding experience both on-road and off-road so that you never regret getting this one.
Gas Charged Shock
This is a gas-charged shock to provide you a convenient usage in any situation. You can recharge it using gas fuels and therefore use it comfortably. Moreover, this gas charging process makes the usage more convenient and reliable at the same time.
- Twin Tube internal design for the greatest movement
- Affordable price
- Decent quality
- Great fit for jeep xj
- Not popular
4. Supreme Suspensions – 3″ Front + 2″ Rear Lift for Jeep Cherokee– Best for Performance
- High strength components added
- 3 inch front and 2 inch rear suspension lift
- Better performance for new riders
- Highest quality parts for superior feedback
Quality and Comfortable Ride
Supreme Suspensions lift kit is a perfect High-End kit for Jeep Cherokee. All the stuff of this lift kit is made out of High-Destiny-Delrin and High-Capacity-Steel. This kit is decorated by Supreme Suspensions experts so that they can not only lift the truck but also give you a quality and comfortable ride.
Smoothens Every Situation
The most extreme ride conditions can be handled smoothly by this kit because each piece of this kit is manufactured with the optimal materials blend. These things also offer you proper dependability on this kit.
Off-Road Handling Capacity
You get pro-performance shocks with this kit which offers great off-road handling performance. So you can reduce the bounces and bumps and have a smooth ride anywhere.
Great Fit for Jeep XJ
You also get to improve the looks of your vehicle by purchasing this lift kit. Moreover, this kit offers an increase in ground clearance and allows your vehicle to fit larger custom rims and tires. Because of these great facilities, you must purchase this lift kit.
- Easy to install
- Easy to use
- Not durable enough
- Can be used for a few models
5. Bilstein 33-151663 6″ Lift Rear Shock for Jeep XJ– Best for Improved Ride Quality
- Ensures smooth drive
- Provides incredible look in the jeeps
- Makes the ride stable enough
- Improves the ride quality
Bilstein rear shock is one of the leading shocks. It is the most popular rear shock because of its incredible features. The 46mm smooth body design of this rear shock will make you wonder. Your car will look absolutely great with the great designed body.
Improves Ride Quality
This shock will improve your every ride with its great features. The rear shock is manufactured with stainless steel and high-quality materials so that this can be a durable companion for you and your vehicle.
Provides Extended Stability
You will be amazed once you get to know the stability and off-road flexibility of this rear shock. So now if you get this shock, you can ride without any second thought about the road condition. Every ride is made perfect through its incredible power and quality.
You will never face a little amount of trouble while installing this rear shock because this is very easy to install. After installing it will hardly show any problems. You will find this rear shock very versatile as it can fit into many models of cars. For getting long and comfortable journeys to switch to Bilstein Rear shock.
- Easy to install
- Incredible looks
- Keep stopping because of continuous using
- Not adhesive enough
6. Skyjacker Compatible with: 84-01 Cherokee XJ 4WD/2WD 6-8″ Front– Best for Durable Performance
- Durable performance in any road condition
- Perfect fit for jeep xj
- Contains 2 Front and 2 Rear shocks
- Ensures front Lift: 6-8″; and rear Lift: 5-8″
Best and Safest Service
These Hydro Shocks are what is meant for those customers who want the best and the safest. The unique design is tested strictly by professionals for the safety of the clients. So you can drive effortlessly in any kind of road condition.
Includes Every Necessary Component in Perfect Measurement
This product has two fronts and two rears. The extended length of the front side is 28.8 and the collapsed length is 16.27. Also, the rear’s extended length is 27.33 and the collapsed length is 16.05. One of the plus points of this product is that it comes with mounting hardware. Also, this Hydro Shock comes with boots.
Compared to the other products found in the market, this one is quite light in weight. The weight of this product is 27 pounds. Due to the lightweight, you can get a smooth riding experience because the wheels won’t feel heavier.
High in Quality
It is highly recommended and is very high in quality. This one is said to be one that lasts longer than any other items in this field. The use of this item on a jeep prevents the rider from getting shocks and also increases the jeep’s durability.
- Very durable.
- High in quality.
- Affordable for all.
- Good looks.
- Very thick.
- Not strong enough
7. Bilstein 5100 Monotube Gas Shock Set– Best for Increased Road Handling Capabilities
- Includes two front and two rear shock absorbers
- Comes with Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Utilizes a monotube design
- Increases the road handling characteristics
Modern Monotube Design
By using a monotube design and fashionable taste, this item has won everyone’s heart and attention along with the service that it provides. It enhances the look of your jeep and wheels with its modern design.
Great On-Road and Off-Road Handling
An amazing plus point of this product is that no matter if the jeep is on-road or off-road, this product helps the jeep to improve the handling characteristics with the help of its 46mm digressive piston, which is a rare point to find in other items.
Helps in Heat Transfer
The design of a single tube body helps this product to transfer the rapid heat in between the shock oil and the shock body which ends up reducing shock fade. This amazing design was caused by a mixture of German engineering and the US manufacturing system.
It serves with the longevity or upwards of 100k miles, which turns out to be a great advantage. The absorbers of this product are four in total: two on the front side and two on the rear side. The weight of this amazing product is 25 pounds. It makes the rides very smooth and high in quality.
- Gives a smooth ride.
- Makes the rides firm yet rigid.
- Responses greatly.
- High in quality.
- Very farm.
- A little bit expensive
8. Rancho RS5000X Gas Shock Set– Best for Advanced Compression Phase
- Best for an alternative installation
- A new and innovative shock with extended improvements
- Comes with advanced compression phase
- The included piston glides through the initial travel motion
Comes With Advanced Compression Phase
A unique and latest product with a patented rebound valving system from the brand Rancho is what this product is known and popular for. It contains the shock absorber’s advanced compression phase.
Improves Vehicle Handling
The vehicles that use this product get improved in handling characteristics which help them to ride smoothly both on-road and off-road. It serves the customers with a variety of advantages with the help of its twin tube which minimizes air-to-oil mixture and also causes shock fade and foaming.
Controls the Gas Pressurization
The vehicle gets a mild boost in the spring rate by the gas pressurization feature of this product. It increases the jeep’s speed and handling capacity and also the fluid capacity to maintain the cooler with a large shock body.
Compatible in Any Condition
The larger shock body helps this product to work smoothly even in internal high temperatures. It is 25 pounds in weight. Cherokee Sport models are included in this product. The early flood of fluid manages the vehicle to ride smoothly on rough roads. It also helps the vehicle to maintain stability and speed control.
- Easy to install.
- Great in quality.
- Gives smooth rides.
- Easy to use.
- Not strong enough.
- Not affordable for everyone.
Buying Guide for the Best Shocks for Jeep XJ
Shocks are widely used as shock absorbers and at the same time for providing a quick and smooth ride. Shock absorbers come more into benefit when you’re planning to for a ride on the mountains or other bumpy areas. Now we will give you the buying guide to get the best shocks for your jeep.
Definitely, buying the priciest shock will come into play better but nevertheless, we all are somewhat or some way concerned about getting the best shock for our jeeps at the most reasonable prices as we need to change it often. So let’s know The features you need to look for while buying the best shocks:
- Handling capacity: you need to buy a shock that provides great handling capacity both on and off roads. If you ensure the quality performance and enhanced on and off-road performance, you will just love the riding experience once you install the shocks.
- Innovative and sleek style: modeled with the latest technologies, many shocks are built to enhance the look of your jeep. So always look for the design even if it’s not mandatory. It will give you a feeling of a classic ride.
- Heat reduction technology: if your car gets cheated over time, the internal parts can get damaged. In order to avoid that, you need to buy a shock that can reduce the heat transfer and provide the temperature balance. We have shared a few shocks that can give you this facility.
- Lifting capacity: always look for shocks which have a moderate lifting capacity of 2-4 inch. This will put no restrictions on what type of bumpy road you will be getting into. No harm being in a safe zone, right? The lifting capacity can ensure your smooth ride and therefore give you a less bumpy riding experience keeping the wheels alright.
- Warranty: One of the most important features customers looks at while buying the perfect fitted shock for their jeep is the warranty. The majority of them are built for going along for 1-3 years on average. Shock absorbers are something that is made to absorb the shock of the roads by taking in the shock itself so it is obvious that over time it will be partially or completely non-functional.
So, if you’re one of those who love taking the bumpiest rides in town, you can go for shocks with a 1-year warranty so you can replace it soon after your rides or so. And if you’re among the customers who usually are not into adventurous rides, you can go for the absorbers with a 2-4 years warranty as it will play along for more time for your jeep.
- Price: Coming to the pricing of the jeeps, more or less all the shocks fall into different pricing according to the category. So instead of looking into the pricing, try looking for the best-fitted shocks for your jeep according to your needs and desires.
We have reached the end of our picks for the best shocks for jeep xj. Hopefully, you have gathered an enhanced and perfect knowledge on which one to choose for yourself. Moreover, all our suggested shocks are best in every way so you won’t find a single problem during the installation.
Though installing these shocks require the least knowledge, yet you can take expert help if you fail to install them. Otherwise, you can follow the user manual for the perfect fit. Lastly, do not forget to review the buying guide and check if you have any extra requirements before buying. Also, check the warranty to reduce further problems.
We hope that your every ride will be the smoothest with the best on-road and off-roading experience. Wishing you good luck!